You're something beautiful

"Breathe in and let it go. Your tears are not for nothing. Let them fall off, in every tear drop there is something beautiful. You are stronger than you know, oh you're something beautiful.; Without darkness, there is no light. Just hold on a little longer, and I promise you'll get through this."--Tori Kelly

If you would have asked me a year ago where I thought I would be in a year, I can guarantee you my answer would not be what it is today. First of all, I never thought that I would ever move away from Ardmore, but thank God I did. Nothing wrong with Ardmore, I love Ardmore, it's the place I grew up, but there are so many more opportunities in OKC that aren't in Ardmore. It's no secret that I've gone through a rough time, I blogged it for goodness sake, but one thing that has helped me get through some tough times has been my music. Tori Kelly is one of my absolute favorite artists, her voice is beautiful and so many of her lyrics are just what I need to hear. The lyrics at the beginning of this post are from her new song called Something Beautiful (go listen to it, it's inspiring). I have learned that you have to let things roll off your back. You can't let things get you down and you can't let people have control over your emotions. You have to breathe everything in and let it all go, don't hold onto it. I have come a long ways from where I was last year...2 new jobs, a new place to live, new friends, going back to school, and definitely a new outlook on life. When I look back on last year, I feel very thankful for it. I'm grateful for all the ups and downs that I went through, I came out stronger because of them. I don't think I really have a point to this post, but here's just something to remember...

If you're going through a hard time, just keep on pushing. Don't make life changing decisions based on temporary feelings. Things get better if you make them better, but you have to be the one to choose to make them better. There's always a light at the end of the tunnel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sticks and Stones

I want to like you, but it's not that easy.

Who Are You?