Actions speak louder than words.

The saying "Actions speak louder than words" is easier said than done. Most of us are too lazy to really work hard on becoming better people, we rather just say how we can be better. Well, all of that stops for me.

Since middle school I've had my share of ups and downs, I've had experiences that have taught me to grow, and met people that have changed my life in one way or another. I've learned that you can't expect others to change, if you don't change yourself. If you want someone to become a better person, you have to work on that yourself. You have to lead by example. I've not always been the best controlling my temper, or my mouth. I usually let whatever comes to my mind at the moment, good or bad, come out of my mouth. That usually gets me in trouble, and 98% of the time I don't care. I tend to not care if you like me or dislike me, if I hurt your feelings or not, I just really don't care what people think of me. Sometimes it's good, and other times it's my downfall. When I was in middle school I had a friend whose mom was a leader in our youth group, and she had the great privilege of teaching 20 (give or take a few) something middle school kids. One thing she taught us was inner voice, which means, everything that's in your head does not have to come out of your mouth. So if it's not relevant to the situation, you probably don't need to say it. I've kept that with me, and still use it (or try to) today. What I'm getting at with all of this mumbo jumbo is that you don't always have to get the last word, or even say anything at all. Part of growing up and maturing is knowing when to stop.

Now back to the actions speak louder than words thing...well, that inner voice thing applies here. If you can learn that you don't have to say every single thing that crosses your brain, then that's a start. That's a good start to becoming a better you. It's a hard road trying to keep your mouth shut when it needs to be shut, but it's possible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sticks and Stones

I want to like you, but it's not that easy.

Who Are You?