You're almost 22.

Sometimes my birthday is a fairly normal day for me. Other times it's one of the hardest, and dare I say, worst days. Being adopted is the best thing that ever happened to me. If I wasn't adopted who knows where I would be or what I would be doing. But knowing that, still doesn't make it any easier on days such as Mother's Day or my birthday. My birthday is this Wednesday (September 17), which means my mom gave me up for adoption 22 years ago. I'd give anything to meet my mom face to face one day. To know what she looks like, how she acts, and even what her voice sounds like. My mom is my hero. She is the strongest, bravest, selfless woman in my life. She is the reason I'm able to do all that I've accomplished. I also give credit to my parents, obviously still couldn't have done anything without them. But my mom wanted me to go to school and graduate high school. She wanted me to have a career and be able to be happy.

With all that being said, I'm really tired of people giving me a hard time. PLEASE, if I feel the need to write a homage to my birth mother, keep the comments about how I have another mother who raised me here in the states to yourself. I know I have 2 mom's, in fact, I have 3. My birth mother, my foster mom, and my adopted mom. You think I don't know that? Here's the deal, with my adopted mom, I'm able to do things for her and say thank you and all the other things I'm not able to do for my birth mom. Yes, my birth mom will probably never see the things I've said over the last years, but it's MY way of coping with everything. So if you feel the need to tell me about my mom here in the U.S and not to forget about her, keep it to yourself. I don't want to hear it. I don't tell you how to cope with loss, you don't tell me.

Both of my moms, actually, all 3 of my mom's are amazing in their own ways. I'm lucky enough to have 3 ladies who love me so much and want to see my succeed.

So to my real mom, my adopted mom,

Thank you for all your love and support over the last 22 years. For loving me just the same as my brother's and never treating me any different. For accepting me and choosing me.

To my birth mother,

Thank you for all you've done in my life. Thank you for loving me so much and being so selfless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sticks and Stones

I want to like you, but it's not that easy.

Who Are You?